Monday, March 15, 2010

Day Twenty - Back On Track

One down, five to go. My new, modest goal is to make it to the gym every morning this week. The first four weeks of this early-riser experiment, I made it four, four, four and then three times(though to be fair, twice circumstances were out of my control). This week, I'll be five for five. If successful, I'll go for consecutive five for five weeks. Then, hopefully, it will be such a habit I won't even have to think about it.

---

Even though I didn't make it everyday the past four weeks, I still rose earlier everyday then I was beforehand. One benefit of this new, somewhat-early-rising lifestyle I've adopted is all the extra reading I've been able to do. Since I no longer workout at lunch, I read instead. I've finished Helter Skelter(a great read) and Food Rules(a very short read). I'm halfway through "The Art Of A Beautiful Game". All in all, I've read a fair amount of books this year.

Everyday I look forward to my "reading lunch"; it's a welcome break to the workday. The half-hour to hour I take(workload depending) has me refreshed when I get back to the office.

In the next few days, I'm going to try and add a variation to my routine: instead of reading, I'll spend my lunch writing or listening to a new album. When I lived in DC and wrote for a local music site, I'd often use my lunch break to listen to a new release and take notes. That's something I miss, even if I won't be writing for anyone else but myself.

For my first lunch-break album, I'll be listening to Born Like This, by Doom. My friend Allie, back in Maryland, suggested it to me a while ago and I still haven't listened to it.

That will change this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment