Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day Seventeen - Sleep In

I was up too late, and this morning I paid for it: I didn't get up on time, and I missed the gym. I was up late because of Helter Skelter, my book club's current selection. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it(especially if you enjoy the "True Crime" genre, though if you do, you've probably already read it). It's helped that going into the book, I knew only the most superficial things about Charles Manson - I was virgin territory for the shocking nature of the crime, the man, and his followers.

ANYWAY, I've already failed at my original goal of twenty straight weekdays getting up early and hitting the gym. Then, last Friday, losing my apartment power(which has been going off and on since, in an unrelated note) made me miss another day. And now today. So, out of 17 days, I've made 14. Not bad, not terrible, but not what the goal was. So, I failed.

However, even on the days I've missed, I'm still getting up earlier then I was a month ago. I've managed to move my wake-up "window" to earlier in the morning. Plus, when I was getting ready this morning, I knew I wasn't going to "make up" for missing the gym by working out at lunch. Now, if I don't go in the morning, I'm not going. That definitely will help me keep doing. Sure, when I was going at lunch I was going Monday-Friday, but I'll trade five lunch workouts for four morning workouts.

Yesterday I found out that I'll (probably)have to move by May. One my top criteria, in my apartment search, will be proximity to a New York Sports Club. The closer I am, the easier this will be.

I'll be back on track tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment