Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day Seven - Sleep FAIL

If I don't adjust the time I go to sleep, even if I make it through the next 13 days, I'm afraid this habit won't stick. The thought of missing a day(and the threat of being called a slacker on Facebook) gets me up as much as the motivation of forming a new routine. Will it stick, or will I sleep in the first day I don't "have" to do this?

Last night, I was in bed around one in the morning, which would be fine if I wasn't trying to get up at 7:30. Tonight, I have pool, so I'm not sure what time I'll get to bed, but it has to be earlier. It's been easier getting up but the lack of 7-8 hours sleep every night is starting to catch up to me; I get really tired late in the day before hitting a second wind after six. I met a friend for drinks last night. Waiting at the bar, I felt like collapsing(this was around ten o'clock). Then I hit my third wind;it's funny how social drinking does that. Talking, drinking, laughing - they all serve to keep me going. 

The Sleep App failed this morning, but it's at least partially(fully?) my own fault. Here's a graph(I do love that it generates graphs, such a stat geek!):


I slept for about six hours, but the big spike right before 7 is when I woke up at 6:30, an hour before my alarm was set. So, I went back to sleep, into a deep sleep and the app had no choice but to wake me up in the deepest sleep I was in all night. So, not really Sleep Cycle's fault, but I was really groggy, so at least it(seems) accurate.

At least pool starts at seven tonight, and not nine. These late nights are killing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment